Canadian melodic modern metal project Every Hour Kills have revealed “Veiled Aurora”, the first track from their upcoming EP, Re:Awaken.
Re:Awaken takes place in the 22nd century when mankind is faced with a difficult decision to sacrifice part of itself to save the other.
Each song tells the story of an individual existing in this fragmented future; their struggle to exist amid the chaos of forces of the elite alien race and the constant encroaching tide of technology.
The band says with every release, they are trying to push themselves technically, in the writing and thematically.
“We aren’t limited to any particular genre or style, whatever feels right and comes out is allowed to happen – whether that be a blast beat or a guitar-less synth wave section.”
The introductory single of the album, “Veiled Aurora” features guest vocals from Shaley Bourget (Dayshell, ex-Of Mice & Men) and guest guitar solo from Morgan Reid (Bloodshot Dawn).
Re:Awaken includes four tracks and instrumental mixes of each one.
Also included is a high-quality illustrated storybook by Splice Comics to supplement the lyrical and visual themes of the band.
1. Veiled Aurora (ft. guest vocals Shaley Bourget of Dayshell, Of Mice & Men & guest guitar solo Morgan Reid of Bloodshot Dawn) (4:18)
2. Anthelion (ft. guest vocals Chris Thoresen (Shark Infested Daughters & guest guitar solo Travis Montgomery of Threat Signal, Meytal) (4:26)
3. Re:awaken (4:12)
4. Time ft. guest guitar solo Rick Graham (Joe Satriani cover) (5:04)
5. Veiled Aurora (Instrumental) (4:18)
6. Anthelion (Instrumental) (4:26)
7. Re:awaken (Instrumental) (4:12)
8. Time (Joe Satriani cover) (Instrumental) (5:04)