fbpx
Advertisements

Mötley Crüe announce return by blowing up old contract

Almost six years after signing a cessation of touring agreement, Mötley Crüe’s contract looks to be off the table.

The band best known for breaking the rules has destroyed their cessation of touring contract in true Mötley Crüe fashion – by blowing it up in a video.

According to Rolling Stone, they’ll be kicking off a US stadium tour with Poison and Def Leppard in 2020. 

After 35 years together on stage, and 30 years since the release of Dr. Feelgood, the members of Mötley Crüe parted ways without speaking to each other after their final Show on December 31, 2015.

Vince, Nikki, Mick and Tommy didn’t come together again until 2018 to participate in the making of the Netflix biopic, The Dirt, which unexpectedly brought them closer together again including seeing them head back into the recording studio after having gone in their own directions for several years.

“Since playing Tommy Lee in The Dirt, so many of my fans have said how they wish they could’ve seen the real Mötley Crüe play live,” said Colson Baker aka Machine Gun Kelly. 

“I never thought I would see the day when this would become a reality.  But the fans spoke and Mötley Crüe listened!”  

The Dirt’s success earlier this year saw Mötley Crüe’s popularity rush to new highs, catapulting the band’s music back to the top of the worldwide charts, with the younger 18-44 demographic now representing 64 per cent of the band’s fanbase.

Moreover, in the six months following the release of The Dirt, Mötley Crüe has celebrated a meteoric rise of almost 350pc increase in streams of their music across all streaming platforms.

However, most of the new fans have never seen any of the legendary live shows that Crüeheads have relished for close to four decades. 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: